The tariff for electricity for JSC “Tajik Aluminum Company” from January 1 this year is 15.57 dirams, the head of JSC “Distribution Electric Networks” Ivaylo Stoyanov said today, February 13, at a press conference in Dushanbe.
Prior to this, the company paid an average of 9.5 dirams per kilowatt-hour (in the summer period from May 1 to September 30 – 7.20 dirams, and from October 1 to April 30 – 11.80 dirams).
According to Stoyanov, starting from January 1, TALCO pays for electricity at a single tariff, which will be valid all year round.
He explained the increase in tariffs for this company, first of all, by the elimination of subsidizing some consumers at the expense of others.
Ivaylo StoyanovAsia Plus
The fact is that the tariffs for this company have remained unchanged over the past decade, although for other categories of consumers they have been regularly increased: until 2016 they increased only in even years, and after – on an annual basis.
True, in 2020-2021, due to the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic, the cost of electricity did not increase for any of the categories of consumers.
At the same time, the document states that if the monthly consumption of electricity for domestic purposes exceeds 10,000 kilowatt-hours, the consumer will pay for each extra kilowatt at the rate for an industrial consumer.
The tariff for industrial and non-industrial consumers is currently 60.65 dirams .
Other categories currently pay for electricity at the following rates:
– for consumers of the public sector, public utilities and sports complexes – 26.51 dirams.
– for water pumps and pumping stations for mechanical irrigation, repair and production bases of the Agency for Melioration and Irrigation from April 1 to September 30 – 9.2 dirams (instead of the current 7.87 dirams), and from October 1 to March 31 – 26.51 dirams ;
– for reclamation vertical reclamation pumping stations – 9.2 dirams;
– for drinking water supply pumps (except for individual pumps) and sewerage – 12.6 dirams;
– for the “Tajik Iron and Steel Works” from May 1 to September 30 – 10.64 dirams, from October 1 to April 30 – 60.65 dirams;
– for educational non-budgetary institutions – 45.51 dirams.
Source : Asia Plus TJ